Great piece on the Big Data movement by Kate Crawford in Foreign Policy entitled “Think Again: Big Data, Why the rise of machines isn’t all its cracked up to be”
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Data Scientist carves out new life as sculptor An interview with Edward Tufte, the statistician and scientist and author of The Visual Display of Quantitatve Information and Visual Explanations who talks about the ways in which he converts...
- Photo gallery: Google Data centers Thanks to Cosimo Lupo, UCL Anthropology, for this link to a virtual tour of Google Data centers. ...
- RIP Aaron Swartz Here Aaron Swartz and Taryn Simon discuss a collaboration that they undertook for the New Museum last year in which they created a visualization showing the cultural specificity and partiality...