The Orchestra of Recycled Instruments, based in a slum built on a landfill in Paraguy is the subject of a forthcoming film…inspirational trailer here…
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Position Available: Curator of Musical Instruments – Africa Background The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) will celebrate the similarities and differences of the world’s cultures as expressed through music – a language common to us all. With musical instruments...
- Toward a New Organology: Material Culture and the Study of Musical Instruments P. Allen Roda, Ph.D. candidate Music Dept., NYU Organologists (those who study musical instruments) have generally focused on instrument design, classification, and the use of instruments in ‘traditional’ settings. In...